top of page
  • taxpointcrawley1

Self-Assessment Tax Returns

In the United Kingdom, the self-assessment (SA) tax system is designed to ensure that individuals, including self-employed individuals and those with additional income, report their income and pay the appropriate amount of tax.

Self-assessment tax returns are a vital part of this process, allowing taxpayers to disclose their earnings, claim deductions, and calculate their tax liability. At Accountax, we support clients in completing their SA Returns with help from our expert in-house accountants.

Types of Self-Assessment Tax Returns

There are various types of self-assessment tax returns that individuals may need to file, depending on their circumstances. Here are the three main types.

1. Self-Assessment Tax Return (SA100): This is the standard tax return for most individuals in the UK who have income that is not taxed at source or have additional taxable income. It includes sections for reporting income from employment, self-employment, rental properties, investments, and capital gains.

2. Partnership Tax Return (SA800): This return is for individuals who are partners in a business partnership. It requires the disclosure of the partnership's income, gains, and expenses, which are then allocated to the partners for inclusion in their personal tax returns.

3. Trust and Estate Tax Return (SA900): This return is for trustees or personal representatives responsible for managing a trust or estate. It includes the income, gains, and expenses of the trust or estate, as well as the distribution of income to beneficiaries.

1 view0 comments
bottom of page